Audrey Thomas, CSP, doesn’t just do keynote presentations, she presents on topics for breakout sessions and educational trainings, as well.
Her topics listed below are perfect for any group from small to large and really dive into the problems people have most often with productivity. These engaging sessions will leave attendees with strategies they can use for a lifetime.
Are you looking for another topic? Contact Audrey today at 1-866-767-0455 or by sending an email, so Audrey can help you choose a topic that’s the perfect fit for your group!
Maggie Keller’s topics are included at the bottom of this list.
Entangled in Email: Become More Efficient, More Effective
On average, you handle more than 100 emails each day. What you do with that 100 (or more!) can sink your productivity, waste your time, and make you feel frustrated. Many of the email habits we’ve formed are bad ones. Take control of your emails to make them work for you.
Learn strategies to get more done each day, including:
- Presort your emails and keep them out of your inbox
- Fix your current file folders so they’re more effective
- Avoid delayed decisions and their disastrous effects
- Use standard subject line abbreviations to get a response quickly
- Stop checking your email every few minutes
This interactive session works best in a 90-minute to 2-hour format with a classroom-type environment. This is Audrey’s most popular session and is easily coupled with another topic for a half-day professional development training.
Passport to Productivity: A Destination Worth Planning For
What sets successful employees apart? Their productivity. They get more done, they’re given more important projects. But productivity doesn’t just happen—it’s learned, planned for, and executed with intention. Develop habits that will set you apart in the following areas:
- Managing your time
- Running effective meetings
- Keeping up with email
- Prioritizing projects
- Controlling all the paper on your desk
This workshop is a fast-paced, 1-, 1.5-, or 2-hour format. Works best as a general session for professional development.
Getting Organized with MS® Outlook: Manage Your Email, Manage Your Time
Outlook isn’t just for email—it’s a tool to manage information and time, too. But most employees never get beyond the basics. A better understanding of Outlook saves you time and frustration. Its hidden tips and tricks will help you get the most done in the least amount of time.
All participants receive Audrey’s unparalleled Outlook Resource Card, a quick reference of the session concepts, including:
- The Categories feature—when and where to use it
- Shortcuts for signatures, processes, and contacts
- Automatic formatting for email and calendar
- Customized settings
- Common email file folder mistakes
Follows a 1- to 2-hour classroom-style format. Employees are encouraged to bring their laptops for a hands-on experience. Often coupled with “Entangled in Email” for a half-day professional development training.
2nd Nature Productivity: Productivity on Purpose
Automation drives efficiency; just ask Henry Ford. When we complete tasks in a standardized, automatic way, we accomplish them in the most efficient manner possible. We use the phrase “second nature” to describe doing things without thinking about them. Highly productive people use second nature habits to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently, which sets them apart from those who have no strategy in getting things done.
It’s time to make productivity your second nature. Get tips and strategies to help you approach your days with purpose. The results? Streamlined decision-making. Strategic habits. Productive days.
- Learn how to eliminate tedious decisions in order to free up time for bigger tasks and projects.
- Discover creative ways to disconnect from technology with the purpose of bringing balance to your personal life.
- Make the connection between procrastination and perfectionism with the intention of identifying them in current work situations.
Select as general session or breakout; 1- to 2-hour format. Easily coupled with another topic for a half-day professional development training. Meeting planners, this is a conference favorite!
Buried Alive! Surviving Paper Avalanches and Email Landslides
Piles of files. Thousands of emails. It all adds up to an unproductive, frustrating work environment. Climb out of the chaos with these techniques and processes.
- Gain back 150 hours of lost productivity
- Learn six strategies toward a lean office
- Implement effective filing systems
- Create productive spaces and systems
This interactive session works best in a 90-minute to 2-hour format. Utilizes a classroom-type environment including group activities and specific problem-solving. Easily coupled with another topic for a half-day professional development training.
Productivity Pitfalls: Why Your Day Doesn’t Work Out the Way You Plan
Productive days don’t just happen. They’re the result of careful planning—steps you take to prepare to get things done. In this engaging presentation, Maggie presents five areas (from technology to email) that often trip us up and keep us from being productive. She offers practical tips that can be implemented right away to boost your productivity immediately. You will be able to:
- Identify key areas that undermine productivity
- Recognize the value of intentional planning one’s day with intention
- Minimize disruptions, technological and otherwise
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective routines
- Assess the effect of technology on work-life balance
This session is available in a 30-, 45-, or 60-minute format. Fun, interactive style from an authentic, relatable perspective.
Lights, Camera, Action: Producing Nonprofit Communications
In the art of filmmaking, the Producer makes it all come together. Likewise, in the nonprofit industry, the “Producers” are those responsible for sharing their organization’s mission through effective communications. In this interactive workshop, Maggie helps you discover the importance of your role within your organization, offers you practical tools for upping your game in communications, and introduces writing practices to increase effectiveness. You will learn to:
- Create and implement a Style Guide
- Produce effective promotions
- Increase the professionalism of your organization
This session runs 60-75 minutes. Relatable, interactive style in a team-oriented environment. Ideal for employees who regularly communicate with those outside the organization (development/advancement, communication/marketing, support personnel).